What: An Introductory Course in Linux
This course is recommended for anyone new to the Linux environment, especially if you are a PACE user.
Presentation topics covered include:
- An explanation of Linux and Bash
- Filesystem navigation in Linux
- Bash commands to manage files
- I/O redirection
- Installing software from precompiled binaries
- Command automation via scripting
- Utilizing environment variables
- Customization of Linux sessions
Format: Virtual workshop hosted via BlueJeans.
Please contact PACE support (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or concerns.
We are hoping to see you there!
Fall 2021 Sessions:¶
- Tuesday, May 31 from 10:30AM-12:15PM.
- Friday, July 8 from 10:30AM-12:15PM.
Some sessions may be canceled if the attendance is insufficient. If that happens, registered users will be moved automatically to the next session to guarantee a seat (and will be notified via email).