What: An Introductory Course in Linux
This course is recommended for anyone new to the Linux environment, especially if you are a PACE user.
Presentation topics covered include:
- An explanation of Linux and Bash
- Filesystem navigation in Linux
- Bash commands to manage files
- I/O redirection
- Installing software from precompiled binaries
- Command automation via scripting
- Utilizing environment variables
- Customization of Linux sessions
Format: Virtual workshop hosted via Zoom (Zoom link send before class).
Download the slides here: PDF Download the hands-on content here: Hands-on
Please contact PACE support (email@example.com) if you have any questions or concerns.
We are hoping to see you there!
Upcoming Course Offerings¶
Spring 2023 Schedule
- Monday, January 30, 2023 from 1:00-2:45 PM
- Monday, March 6, 2023 from 1:00-2:45 PM
- Friday, April 7, 2023 from 10:30 AM-12:15 PM
Some sessions may be canceled if the attendance is insufficient. If that happens, registered users will be moved automatically to the next session to guarantee a seat (and will be notified via email).