- STAR-CCM+ is a multiphysics computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software that enables CFD engineers to model the complexity and explore the possibilities of products operating under real-world conditions.
- Simcenter STAR-CCM+ allows the modeling and analysis of a range of engineering problems involving fluid flow, heat transfer, stress, particulate flow, electromagnetics and related phenomena.
- This guide cover how to load and run
- To load Starccmplus:
module load starccmplus/17.02.007
- To run Starccmplus:
starccmplus -batch <input file>
Set up Interactive Desktop on Phoenix OnDemand¶
- In order to access Phoenix OnDemand you must be connected to the GT VPN. If you do not already have the VPN set up, visit Configure the GT VPN
- Once connected to the VPN you can access the application at Phoenix OnDemand.
- Choose the
Slurm Interactive Appstab and select
Interactive Desktopto setup and launch.
- Setting up Interactive Desktop:
- Charge Account:
gts-<PI username> ("phx-pace-staff" works for trial. Required.)
- Quality of Service:
- Node Type:
GPU Tesla V100-16B or GPU Tesla V100-32B
- Cores Per Node:
8 (Number of cores (CPUs) per node. Max: 24 cores per node.)
- GPUs Per Node:
- Memery Per Crore (GB):
Leave blank if unsure. Total memory for job is: nodes × cores × memory per core
- Number of hours:
- Charge Account:
- After the preceding details are entered, clik the
- Once the
Launch Interactive Desktopis an available option, click the button to open a Phoenix OnDemand Interactive Desktop to use for Starccmplus.
Part 2: Load and Start Starccmplus on Phoenix OnDemand¶
- Open terminal in the Interactive Desktop by clicking top left
Activities> search for
- All commands here on will be typed in the terminal
- You can find which versions are available for any module with
module avail [software].
- Run the following commands to load the necessary modules:
`module load starccmplus/17.02.007
- View the software with
- Here is the load screen:
Here is starccmplus software loaded:
Congratulations! You successfully ran starccmplus on the cluster.