Getting Started with Hive¶
Welcome to PACE's "getting started" guide for the Hive cluster. Hive is an NSF funded cluster through an MRI award 1828187: "MRI: Acquisition of an HPC System for Data-Driven Discovery in Computational Astrophysics, Biology, Chemistry, and Materials Science." Here you can find example job submission scripts, Hive specific information, and an an updated Hive software list.
Hive Cluster Diagram¶
List of Hive Pages¶
Here is a list of the pages that make up the Hive Cluster documentation:
- Log on to Hive
- Storage and File Transfer on Hive
- Using the Slurm Scheduler on Hive and Example Jobs
- Hive Cluster Software Guide
- Hive Cluster Resources
- Hive Migration to Slurm
- Convert PBS Scripts to Slurm Scripts
- Overall, the workflow is similar to any other PACE managed cluster. To review the workflow, check out this diagram
Requesting Access to Hive¶
Academic faculty with approved Hive accounts may request the addition of students, postdocs, and research faculty working with their group. If you are a member of a research group and your PI has Hive access, please ask your PI to request a Hive account for you by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academic faculty wishing to access Hive should contact one of the five PIs for the cluster to request the addition of their group. PACE can only grant accounts to academic faculty with the approval of one of the following PIs:
- Srinivas Aluru
- Surya Kalidindi
- C. David Sherrill
- Deirdre Shoemaker
- Richard Vuduc
Log on to Hive¶
- Please refer to the Log on to Hive Page for a detailed guide.
Log on to Hive Gateway¶
- Please refer to the Getting Started with the Hive Gateway for a detailed guide.
- Please refer to the Helpful Commands Page in the Getting Started section for a detailed list of commands that also apply to the Hive Cluster.
Run GUI Applications on Hive¶
- Please refer to the Run GUI Applications Page in the Getting Started section for a detailed guide that also applies to the Hive Cluster.
Configure the GT VPN¶
- Please refer to the GT VPN Page in the Getting Started section for a detailed guide that also applies to the Hive Cluster.
Configure Windows Subsystem for Linux to Access Hive¶
- Please refer to the Windows Subsystem for Linux Page in the Getting Started section for a detailed guide that also applies to the Hive Cluster.
- Instead of using
email@example.com log into the cluster, please use
firstname.lastname@example.org, replacing someuser3 with your GT username.
- Please refer to the Software Guide.
Summary of Hive Resources¶
- For further information about the resources offered on the Hive Cluster, please visit the Resources Page.
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under grant number 1828187. Any opinions, findings and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.