Configure the GT VPN¶
Why do I need to configure the GT VPN?¶
- Many OIT webpages and the PACE Cluster can only be accessed from the on campus network.
- If you are off campus and need access to the PACE Cluster or other secured OIT webpages, you must connect through the GT VPN.
- Using the GT VPN provides a Georgia Tech IP address at a remote location, giving its user the benefits of being physically on the Georgia Tech network
- OIT recommends the use of the GlobalProtect VPN, which is detailed in OIT's Getting Started Using the VPN documentation.
- Other VPN clients such as Cisco AnyConnect can be used by students, but this is no longer supported by PACE and will be sunset in May 2022.
GlobalProtect VPN Client¶
For information on how to use this VPN for Firebird cluster visit The Firebird Cluster.
- Please note the following points while connecting to Georgia Tech's VPN service:
- VPN will not make your connection more reliable but will provide greater security -- especially over wireless networks.
- All of your traffic will be directed through the campus network, so you may notice a performance change.
- Your Internet traffic will be subject to the Computer & Network Usage and Security Policy.
- Since your device will be taking on a Georgia Tech Internet address, it will no longer provide services to its local network.
- VPN service may be blocked by administrators of your local network, so there may be locations from which VPN access is not possible. This condition is outside of OIT's control.
- If you need further assistance, please submit a request for help here.