What: An Introductory Course in Linux
We can only offer 30 seats per session due to space limitations. If you have registered but cannot attend, please contact Wansley Dennis (via 404-894-2249 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to cancel your registration.
To fully benefit from this course, users should have an active PACE account, and either the Windows Subsystem for Linux or WinSCP prior to attendance. Please contact PACE support (email@example.com) with any questions.
Presentation topics covered include:
- An explanation of Linux and Bash
- Filesystem navigation in Linux
- Bash commands to manage files
- I/O redirection
- Installing software from precompiled binaries
- Command automation via scripting
- Utilizing environment variables
- Customization of Linux sessions
Format: Virtual workshop hosted via Microsoft Teams.
This course is recommended for anyone new to the Linux environment, especially if you are a PACE user.
Please contact PACE support (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or concerns.
We are hoping to see you there!
Spring 2021 Offerings:¶
- Thursday, June 3 from 10:30AM-12:15PM.
- Wednesday, July 7 from 2:00PM-3:45PM.
Some sessions may be canceled if the attendance is insufficient. If that happens, registered users will be moved automatically to the next session to guarantee a seat (and will be notified via email).