What: An Introductory Course in Linux
Registration: Georgia Tech Training
We can only offer 30 seats per session due to space limitations. If you have registered but cannot attend, please contact Wansley Dennis (via 404-894-2249 or email@example.com) to cancel your registration.
To fully benefit from this course, users should have an active PACE account, and either the Windows Subsystem for Linux or WinSCP prior to attendance. Please contact PACE support (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Presentation topics covered include:
- An explanation of Linux and Bash
- Filesystem navigation in Linux
- Bash commands to manage files
- I/O redirection
- Installing software from precompiled binaries
- Command automation via scripting
- Utilizing environment variables
- Customization of Linux sessions
Format: 105 minutes of presentation and hands-on exercises
This course is recommended for anyone new to the Linux environment, especially if you are a PACE user.
Please contact PACE support (email@example.com) if you have any questions or concerns.
We are hoping to see you there!
Upcoming Course Offerings¶
We now provide more offerings of PACE - Linux 101!
- Tuesday, September 1 from 2:00PM-3:45PM via BlueJeans (link upon registration). Register here.
- Wednesday, September 30 from 2:00PM-3:45PM via BlueJeans (link upon registration). Register here.
- Thursday, November 5 from 10:30AM-12:15PM via BlueJeans (link upon registration). Register here.
Some sessions may be canceled if the attendance is insufficient. If that happens, registered users will be moved automatically to the next session to guarantee a seat (and will be notified via email).