FileZilla File Transfer¶
- Filezilla is a file transfer program for all systems
- Easy to install and use
- However, we still recommend Globus for file transfer
- Download the correct version from the Filezilla Website
- Open program after installation
Once FileZilla is set up, to transfer files, simply drag and drop between the two panes (or right click to copy/cut/paste) as you would between two normal file explorers
- Connect to Cluster: The box labeled 2 is the quick connect bar. For host, enter
- Enter your GT username and password where it says "username" and "password". For the port, set it to 22.
- Box 3 Is just a log of the connection, you can ignore it
- Box 4 is the
local pane. This pane is where your local files are displayed. It is just a regular file explorer (like the file explorer you use on your system) meaning it supports drag and drop.
- Box 5 Is the file explorer where your files on the cluster are shown.
- Box 6 Lists files that are about to be transferred as well as previous file transfers