Run MATLAB Interactively On Cluster¶
- Please see the VNC guide for instructions on how to set up the Interactive VNC session
Start Matlab on VNC¶
- Open terminal in vnc window by clicking top left
System Tools> scroll down to
- all commands here on will be typed in terminal in VNC
- To see available versions of matlab run
module avail matlab
- Load matlab module and start matlab
module load <version of matlab> #example: module load matlab/r2020b matlab
- The MATLAB GUI will load on screen.
Set Up Parallel Environment MATLAB¶
For larger or longer multi-node jobs, use distributed MATLAB for parallel computing. This is the recommended path.
You can also use a parallel pool within your single interactive job, based on the number of cores you requested on a single node for your interactive job.
- It will start automatically when functions such as
- Read more about managing parallel pools here.
Control the Parallel Pool from the Matlab Desktop¶
- Access pool preferences in the Home tab in the Environment section, go to Parallel > Parallel Preferences
- to open a parallel pool based on your preference settings, use
- to open a pool of a specific size, use
- these can be used in the command-line interface or when writing a Matlab script
- more information about using parpool can be found here