New User Guide¶
- The general workflow of submitting jobs to the cluster is portrayed above
- Our documentation focuses on splitting each critical part of this workflow into its own section. Each of these sections can be found as a menu tab here on this site. Below, a couple of the more essential sections are explained more in depth :
- [Getting Started]: Learn how to get an account and log on to PACE Resources. Other guides you can find in the getting started tab include a vpn guide and a helpful commands cheatsheet
- Storage : The storage tab has guides on all things storage related, from a high level storage overview on how the filesystem is set up for users, to a globus guide for users to transfer file to and from the cluster.
- Software Guides : The
Batch Software Guidestab contains detailed "how-tos" and walkthroughs for running programs on the cluster. Check out the batch software guides list for a quick overview, or open the batch software guides tab to see all the guides available.
- Example PBS Scripts : The
Example Job Submission (PBS) Scriptstab contains
PBSscripts from the software guides, great to just copy and paste and use as a template for your own jobs. Check out the example PBS script list to see the
- Interactive Application Guides : The
Interactive Software Guidestab contains walkthroughs on how to run applications interactively with a GUI (Graphical User Interface). Check out the interactive software guides list to see the available interactive software guides.
- Troubleshooting : The
`Troubleshooting your jobstab has helpful guides to address common issues, like the "Why is my job stuck in the queue?" guide. Guides to help debug common problems that may occur when running jobs. The FAQs tab contains helpful lists of FAQs organized by topic, like general FAQs